Thursday, October 20, 2016

Distressed Antique Poinsettia

I'm featuring The Antique Poinsettia again because it's a different take on the stamped image than my October 4th card.  I love the die cuts that go with this wood stamp.  They cut nice and close, perfect for me.  I rarely use stenciling and I'm not sure why because I have some stencils I just love.  I thought the background color was more of a modern take on green.   I also used the outer layer as leaves, where I used all the layers as flower parts before.    The background is the same color, but deepened in the two corners.   Have fun with your layering.
Antique Poinsettia

I thought a close-up might be nice so you can see the silver embossing and the Nuvo Crystal
Glitter Drops.  I purchased the Glitter Drops from A2Z, so she might still have some left if you'd like to try them.  You can see how cleanly the dies cut here too.  As I said, I love the close cut.
A2z Picmonkey Distress Close-up Poinsettia Close-up Oct 2016

Supplies:
Hero Arts Antique Poinsettia at a2z Scrapbooking
Hero Arts Paper Layering Antique Poinsettia frame cuts at a2z Scrapbooking
Silver Embossing powder
Distress inks Candied Apple, Shabby Shutters & I think Twisted Citron
Kite Stencil - High Anxiety
Nuvo Crystal Glitter Drops in Silver Moondust
Cuttlebug
Old Hero Arts sentiment from "Holiday Sayings".

You can use code Arlene15 at checkout to receive 15% off your purchase of $25 or more (before tax and shipping).  If you need craft items that you don’t see in the store, don’t forget you can special order them here at the A2ZScrapbooking Store.  

This sample is at a2z Scrapbooking.


 Hope you’ll join in our October Challenge of "Layer It" with your Hero Arts stamps, dies and stencils. And, if you need some new supplies, don’t forget to shop at a2z Scrapbooking.

arlenea2zscrapbooking


No comments: