Wednesday, July 1, 2015

July 1st is already here!

A Brand New Month to be creative.  Dies R Us is the sponsor over at Die Cut Divas.  And I went Die Cut happy.  I had a brain storm when I looked at the Beach Edges dies - why couldn't I build a card up, using different shades of green and blue?  That's what I did.  I'm pretty well satisfied.

Have a summery month and visit Die Cut Divas for the new challenge.

Summer - sitting out on lawn chairs, travelling, taking vacations to other countries.  This is for my friend Angela who is making plans to relax after she retires and then travel.

I used the hill edges from Beach Edges over and over again, starting at the bottom, moving up.  The only panels that are not cut on the top and bottom are the top and bottom panels.  The black road is is just cut narrower than the others and more parallel.  I used the Evergreen Landscape to add some trees.  The Eiffel Tower is cut from a 7-UP can adhered to the card with glue dots.  Fun card to make.  Angela retires the end of this month and I'll have time to get everyone to sign . I think the mostly green landscape makes for a totally calm and serene scene.

Links below to Dies R Us for most of the dies I used.
Elizabeth Craft Designs Eiffel Tower Pop Stand (Tower only)
Elizabeth Craft Designs Beach Edges
Memory Box Auto Parts
IO Dies (beach chairs - DIE177-K)
Memory Box Evergreen Landscape
Little B Handwritten (sentiment)
Memory Box Marshmallow Clouds (small cloud)
Die-namics Stitched Circle Stax (sun)_
7-UP soda can die cut with an Eiffel Tower die which I have in my open stash.  I'm sure most dies will cut the soft tin from which soft drink cans are made.

2 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Oh what a very special card for your friend! Love the scene you've created!!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Hi Arlene, fabulous card! Great to be on the same team with you!