Thursday, December 25, 2014

A Merry Christmas to All!

Die R Us is our December sponsor for Die Cut Divas - Die Cut Divas and Dies R Us... Could it get any better?  You don't have to be a kid to play house!

Visit Die Cut Divas for the challenge for December.

My sample below is for the Die Cut Divas.
There's not much decoration on the front, but the inside is the STAR!
Elizabeth Craft Designs - Season's Greetings Stand-Up Helper


What do we have here?  A Winter Scene.  I thought the patterned background was rather a fun paper for a forest scene. I also used a zig-zag pattern on some the the trees and I like how this turned out.

There are all kinds of fun pieces to the Holiday House and I embossed 3 of the main panels with a wood grain.  It felt too large for the house, but I rather like it now with distress ink Vintage Photo sponged on.  I would have picked out the windows, but kept them in for fun.  

A side view to see how I staggered the props (poles & trees behind the house).  

To give everyone an idea of the die-cuts I worked with:
Season's Greetsings Stand Up Helper 940 (front of card)
Evergreen Pivot Card (trees only) 912  (one on front of card &)
Holiday House 918
Lots of Pops Die (779),  (the part that actually holds the house, post and some trees up) see here and there are neat videos on Pinterest http://www.pinterest.com/eCraftDesigns/youtube-by-elizabeth-craft-designs/.  I found this at http://diningroomdrawers.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/pop-it-ups-new-baby-boy-card.html for the Lots of Pops dies which I think is a die with LOTS of possibilities.   .
Katie Label Pivot Card 768 - used the largest label in that die set to cut the tan mat for writing on.

Hope you like the elements I grouped together.  I had fun playing house.

1 comment:

Susan (rainy) said...

What a fun and fabulous card! Love the winter scene pop up!! Hope you had a wonderful and merry Christmas, too. :)