Thursday, May 31, 2012

Die Cut Divas is doing a WRAP!

You all know I like to recycle and Paula, one of the Die Cut Divas divas, gave me the perfect challenge offering for June.  WRAPPING PAPER!   I have the not so hot and the SO HOT examples for you to think of how to use wrapping paper in your cards

DO YOU HAVE WRAPPING PAPER???  I thought this was a NO BRAINER, until I went to find some.  Since we have yet to unpack some of the items from the move, like our wrapping paper, which is mostly Christmas, I COULD NOT find any on the first try.  I found one scrap of wrapping paper on the next search and HIT PAY DIRT on the third.

First up is the "folk heart" paper - that's what I call it - not sure I really like the card, but, its basic background is wrapping paper.  I mounted a cut out heart on the Lacy Circle die-cut and added some buttons from some button ribbon, then some twine in red and white, blue and white, and pink and white.  I remembered the Hero Arts clear set "Just a Note" (CL404) with its scissors and push pin, mainly because the push pin was still on my desk.   It's a rather rowdy card, but all I could think to do (hadn't found the gold yet).


Now to finer flights of fancy.    I found this gorgeous gold wrapping paper left over from some Christmas paper.  It has a wonderful material-like back to it and was crumpled up in the bottom of my homemade paper stand, just like the paper for the folk hearts above.  BUT this was a dream.  I glued it to the back of a regular manila file folder, smoothing out most spots, but leaving that crinkled feel and texture to it.  It is difficult to ink up, but I like the results.  After I got my sun stamped (really the Hero Arts Cling Starburst Background, - 330056) I thought buildings needed to sit in the early rays of the morning or evening, as you prefer.  I stamped and white-embossed the buildings on black paper (Hero Arts Newspaper Skyline - S5573), cut them out and attached them individually to the gold panel with glue dots.  I don't have a cloud die-cut or stamp, BUT, I had just purchased a Hero Arts clear stamp set "Heyday Thoughts" (330054) and found my cloud (really a thought bubble) and a great hot air balloon.  OH JOY!  I used the clear "Hello" stamp from the Hero Arts clear set "Everyday Sayings" (CL342) to give a little hello.  I just couldn't put the panel on until I wrapped the black and white twine and tied a bow.  I am VERY HAPPY with this card.  I don't want to give it up.... sigh


If you can't find the die-cut on this card, it's the sun peeking behind the tallest building.

2 comments:

Dawn T said...

great card Arlene. I have an idea in mind. just to get organised

Manu World said...

fun as always!!
:)